Monday, September 12, 2011

Sickness Can't Stop Me From Being Fabulous.

Sorry I haven't updated in a few days. I can't decide if it was because of laziness or the fact that really nothing interesting happened. Maybe both. But that's not the point!


It's currently 1 a.m. and I haven't slept yet. My close friends who know me fairly well should know that I am not one for sleeping early. I usually stay up watching Netflix on my phone. As I was finishing an episode of The Tudors, I grew bored and was just messing with my phone until something on the IMDb widget caught my attention. Actor Andy Whitfield from Spartacus died at the age of 39. My initial thought was he was too young, as I read on I discovered he died from a battle with a Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma.


Woah. Lymphoma. I have...nothing to say. Reading that really impacted me. What if I had a Non-Hodgkin's instead of my very curable Hodgkin's Lymphoma? My life could be in serious danger. I feel so grateful, blessed, and lucky that I have a very good prognosis and will more than likely recover well. 


Sometimes, people can easily forget how good life can be here, I know I did. I should be more grateful for everything I am fortunate enough to have. In fact, everyone should be grateful for their things. Even though problems can come up in life, someone else always has a worse situation.



"Even though I'm not always right, I can count on the sun to shine"
                                                                                  -All Time Low 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment