Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Pilot

I don't really suppose I have a knack for blogging just yet, but it doesn't hurt to try. So, here i am.


I guess I should let you know a little about me.


My name is Jackeline Michelle Reyes. Most people just call me Jackie. I'm currently 17 and I am a senior in high school. I am an average girl, with an average life. Never did anything spectacular, amazing, or astonishing. My favorite color is pink, I am pretty much in love with heels and Hello Kitty. I'm very different and proud.


This past August I was diagnosed with a Lymphoma. 
If you don't know what that is, it's a type of cancer effecting my immune system.


Anyways, I've started my chemotherapy already and it hasn't been THAT bad. For example, I've only thrown up twice...to me, that's a huge victory. Even though the nausea has been tranquil and manageable there is one other side effect that really has taken its toll on me, hair loss. My beautiful mane has been shedding like crazy. I really thought my hair would of lasted longer. 


Hair loss gave me a tiny bit of depression, but as of this moment, my hair was cut short. I'm not bald or anything! It's just short. I'm actually quite fond of it. I feel like a new person. A person who got back their confidence. A person who has new strength to fight this cancer. I feel free. 

"I just wanna be myself and I want you to know, I am my hair."
                                                                                            -Lady Gaga

No comments:

Post a Comment